A dental bridge is a tooth replacement option for one or more adjacent teeth. It is put in place to “bridge” the gap where a tooth is missing. A bridge is a more affordable option than a dental implant, and it is more likely to be covered by insurance.
If you’re considering this option, you may be wondering, how much does a dental bridge cost in North Richland Hills, Texas? Here’s what you can expect.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A traditional dental bridge consists of two crowns with one or more pontics (artificial teeth) suspended between them. The crowns fit over the natural teeth on either side of the gap, providing support for the prosthetic.
Average Cost of a Dental Bridge
The average cost of a dental bridge is between $2,000 and $5,000. This price range applies to a traditional dental bridge that is most commonly used to replace a tooth. The exact cost of a dental bridge depends on a variety of factors.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Dental Bridge
There are a number of factors that play a part in the total cost of getting a dental bridge:
- Type of bridge. There are a few different types of bridges, some of which may cost more than others. The type of bridge you get depends on your individual needs.
- Location of the missing tooth. The location of the missing tooth or teeth may affect the type of bridge you need, which will in turn affect the cost.
- Number of teeth needing replacement. The cost of a bridge will increase when it is replacing more than one tooth because more material is required.
- Geographic location. Where you live and the location of your dentist’s office can affect the cost of a dental bridge due to the cost of living in the area.
- Material and manufacturing. The material used to create your bridge and how it is created can also affect the cost. Some materials are higher quality than others and will last longer, but that comes at a higher cost.
- Insurance. If your insurance covers dental bridges you could pay less out of pocket. It depends on the percentage of the coverage for dental bridges.
Dental Bridge Cost by Type
Some types of dental bridges cost more than others. Here are the types and the cost range for each:
- Traditional Bridge: $2,000-$5,000. A traditional bridge is anchored by two crowns placed over teeth on each side of the gap.
- Maryland Bridge: $1,500-$2,500. A Maryland bridge is attached to metal structures that are cemented to the natural teeth.
- Cantilever: $1,000-$4,000. A Cantilever bridge is only anchored on one side of the gap with a crown over one tooth. This type is only used when the missing tooth is the farthest back molar.
- Implant Supported Bridge: $5,000-$15,000. When two or more teeth are missing, an implant supported bridge may be used. A dental implant is placed on either side of the gap to provide support for the bridge.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Dental Bridge?
Most dentists would recommend replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant in most cases. However, when there is insufficient bone structure in the jaw to support a dental implant, a bridge provides another option. Bridges are also more affordable than dental implants and more likely to be covered by insurance. The main disadvantage is that a bridge causes damage to the healthy teeth that support it. Enamel must be permanently removed to make room for the crowns and the force of chewing can eventually damage the support teeth.
R. Renan Williams, DDS Provides Dental Bridges
If you need one or more teeth replaced and you’re not sure what is the best option for you, Dr. R. Renan Williams can help. After a brief evaluation we can recommend the best tooth replacement option for your needs. We offer all types of dental bridges as well as dental implants for tooth replacement.
Call 817-281-4801 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.